The Evening of Stars takes place at 6:30 p.m. Friday, February 28 at the Ballard Convention Center, 605 East Arch Street in Madisonville. Tickets are $25 per person and may be reserved by calling the Chamber at 270-821-3435 or at the web site http://tinyurl.com/2014EveningOfStars.
The following businesses and individuals will be honored during the awards ceremony:
- 2013 Horizon Award, for a business in operation three years or less – Amanda’s
- 2013 Small Business of the Year, for a business with 50 or fewer employees – Rudd Insurance
- 2013 Business of the Year, for a business with more than 50 employees – Madisonville Community College
- Bill Corum Community Service Award – Brother’s Bar-B-Que
- 2013 Chamber Ambassador of the Year – Keri Langner
- 2013 Hopkins County Schools Educator of the Year – John Tichenor
- 2013 Madisonville Community College Educator of the Year – Brad Downall
- 2013 Murray State University–Madisonville Educator of the Year – Dr. Judith Rhoads
- Loman C. Trover Healthcare Award – awarded posthumously to Dr. Scott Gaines
Additionally, the Chamber’s new members from 2013 will be recognized.
The party is a return to a former tradition when the Chamber’s annual meeting was held at night, said Chamber President Lee Lingo.
“As we began planning this event, we wanted to make it an occasion to celebrate our members,” Lingo said. “We decided not to hold a daytime event because we don’t want people to have to rush back to work. We want them to have a chance to dress up, network, relax, and enjoy a celebratory atmosphere.”
Attendees will enjoy food by Brook Hollow Catering, music by local acts, and multiple networking opportunities. A cash bar, wine tasting, and bourbon tasting featuring local blends will be offered by the Ballard Convention Center. Barbara Yonts Photography will also be on hand to take complimentary “red carpet” photos as people enter the venue. Madisonville’s Hampton Inn & Suites is a major sponsor of the event.
For more information about the Chamber Evening of Stars or the annual Chamber awards, please call 270-821-3435.